Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Capturing A Moment: Are Nursing Photos A New Trend? Maybe Not As New Of A Trend As You Think.


Photo Credit: Katherine Hunt, Studio 412 Imagery

Recently my friend, pictured above, had these gorgeous breastfeeding photos taken at a local breastfeeding support  fundraiser. I would have loved to have had the wonderful moments and loving feelings associated with my breastfeeding experience captured in photo, but unfortunately it just wasn't that common. I asked around for some photographers who would do a breastfeeding photo shoot for me, and the only response I got was puzzled looks. In the last few years however, an increasing number of women are seeking to immortalize their experiences of becoming new mothers in pregnancy, birth, and breastfeeding with  photography. Some think it is a little odd or dismiss it at a new fad that will pass. In doing some research recently, I learned something surprising, breastfeeding photos are far from new. Check out some of these amazing photos from our past.

This one is my favorite...



No comments:

Post a Comment